There is a huge market today for technical services. If you run a technical business, or just want to implement technical content into your existing website, there are a few things you need to know. It is not enough to just build a website and hope that customers will come to you. In today’s competitive market, you need to know how to reach your target audience – and you need to know how to do it quickly.
People are impatient. It doesn’t matter what sort of business you’re engaged in. Your customers, and prospective customers, crave immediate gratification. This need applies to information as well as customer service. When your clients visit your website, they expect to see a lot more than information about your company. They expect to find interactive features. They want to engage with your company and the best way to do that is to strategically place technical content on your site.
The most effective way to build technical content into your site is by using SEO marketing. This is a strategy designed to direct prospective customers to your company’s site. For SEO marketing to work, you need to use effective keywords in an intentional way. This guide will discuss the main types of content you can use to increase revenue, increase brand awareness and maintain an engaging relationship with your current clients.
Why is it Important to Build Content into Your Website?
It is really important that you integrate meaningful content into your website. Not only does this allow you to educate your customers on your products and services, it also helps your customers solve problems. Imagine a customer comes to your site with a particular question. Rather than have them wait to talk to a customer service representative, you can provide helpful information on your page. This will not only solve your customer’s problem; it will also make them appreciate you more.
By publishing meaningful content on your page, you can also increase your brand awareness. The goal of content marketing is to drive business to your page. Later in this guide, we will discuss how to use effective SEO marketing (search engine optimization.) If you’re able to drive business to your site, you will spread your brand to an entirely new audience. This will not only increase brand awareness – it will also increase revenue.
Why Use Strategic Content Marketing?
Increasing brand awareness is not the only benefit of strategic content marketing. There is a multitude of benefits of using content marketing. If you manage to integrate strategic SEO content into your marketing plan, you can enjoy the following positive results for your company:
- Increase your brand awareness
- Increase revenue
- Expand your customer base
- Convert marketing efforts into actual sales
- Maintain customer loyalty
- Create a sense of community with your customers
Of course, the most important thing to your company is improving your bottom line. This means you need to generate more revenue through content marketing than you spend. The good news is that SEO marketing is a lot cheaper than traditional advertising. If you find a company that can create effective SEO marketing for your firm, you’ll want to invest in that relationship. You’ll come to realize that you can engage with your customers and potential customers effectively for a lot less than you would spend on other outbound marketing efforts.
What is SEO Marketing?
One of the most effective ways to integrate content for your company is to use SEO marketing. SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of using certain keywords to drive business to your company. It helps you create, distribute and publish meaningful content that will be received by your target audience. It is an alternative to traditional methods of advertising and marketing.
When somebody does a Google search, as soon as they hit enter, they’re going to be presented with pages worth of results. Depending on how specific their search is, they could end up with just a few pages of results or thousands of pages. For example, if someone does a search on the term, “how to install a firewall on my website”, they will end up with more than 80 million results! What SEO marketing does is make sure that your company shows up at the top of the results list.
What are the Different Types of SEO Content?
There are a variety of different types of SEO content. It isn’t just about posting blogs on your site. It’s important that you take advantage of all of your options. This way, you can optimize the traffic that is driven to your site. This will, in turn, generate the optimal revenue and brand awareness.
- Social Media: There are more than 4.5 billion people on the internet at any given time. Almost all of these people use social media. This includes sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest. You need to integrate your SEO content onto all of these sites if you want to reach the maximum number of people. Your social media content should include blogs, videos and even live feeds. You should also post pictures with captions that include your SEO keywords.
- Informational: A lot of your customers visit your site to get information. They may be looking for information on your newest products and services. Or, they may be looking to get in touch with your customer service department to solve a problem. It’s a good idea to post updated information on your site to meet your customers’ needs. This content should also include your SEO keywords. This way, you can ensure that when someone does an online search, they see your company’s page first.
- Blogs: Most major companies include ongoing blogs on their site. You can do this on your website or on your social media pages. Blogs are short, informal posts that focus on topics relevant to your company. If you run a company that offers payroll software, you may write a blog that deals with the most common payroll mistakes. When your clients do a search on “payroll mistakes”, you want them to visit your site first.
- Podcasts: Podcasts are becoming more popular these days. These are short audio recordings that discuss topics similar to what you include in your blogs. People who like your podcasts will subscribe to them. This is similar to the way they would subscribe to a magazine. They tune in each time you host a podcast. They can also replay the podcasts later in case they need more information. The great thing about podcasts is that you can expand your audience quickly. You can also feature industry leaders in your podcast. This helps you create great partnerships and build your company’s credibility.
- Videos: One way to increase the traffic on your site is to post videos. The great thing about videos is that your customers can watch them at any time. You’ll want to make sure your videos have titles that capture your SEO keywords. For example, if you specialize in IT security, you would want to post videos with titles that highlight the key issues affecting your industry.
- Paid Marketing Advertisements: We did say that SEO content marketing is a lot less expensive than traditional marketing tactics. And, this is true. But that doesn’t mean you want to completely abandon paid marketing. You can use things like banner ads and digital ads to increase your revenue. These advertisements will also include links to your website so people can visit your page directly.
Ideally, you’ll use a combination of all of these options if you want to optimize your SEO content marketing. Of course, you don’t need to incorporate all of these types of digital marketing. You really want to choose the types of marketing that are geared toward the type of technical service you offer.
How to Create the Most Effective SEO Campaigns and Content
Your SEO marketing content is only as good as the keywords you use. One of the most important things you need to do is identify the most effective keywords for your business. One way to do this is to look at current volume for certain keywords. Remember when we used the example of building a firewall earlier? That search generated more than 80 million hits. You don’t want to compete with this kind of volume. It’s a good idea to test a few different keywords to see what sort of competition is out there.
This is why planning is key. First, identify what you want to say. What keywords are relevant to your business? This will depend on the types of products and services you offer. For example, let’s go back to the payroll example above. It only takes a few seconds to check the current volume for sample keywords. Here are a few results you can get just by googling certain terms and phrases:
- Payroll solutions – 144 million hits
- Payroll solutions for independent contractors – 16 million
- Payroll solutions for independent contractors in California – 10 million
As you can see, the more you narrow your search terms down, the fewer results you will get. You need to identify the special and unique keywords that will drive business to your page. It may take a lot of trial and error. But this time is worth its weight in gold!
Where Should You Use Your Keywords?
When it comes to using keywords, you need to find the perfect recipe for success. If you make your terms too broad, you’ll get too many hits. If the keyword is too narrow, you won’t get enough results. So, first, you need to pick the right keywords.
You also don’t want to oversaturate your content with keywords. Your readers can tell when you’re doing this. You need to find a way to make your keywords flow naturally within your content. This way, you can still count on the optimization of your search engine keywords. Here are a few examples of what to do – and what not to do.
Imagine you offer payroll solutions to healthcare networks. You already know that you want to use the keyword, “staffing needs for nursing homes”
One way to include this phrase in your content would be to say: “Our company knows your staffing needs for nursing homes.” Not only is this a bit obvious but it also doesn’t sound like grammatically correct English. Another way to say this would be: “Staffing needs for nursing homes are our priority.” You want to make sure you that your keywords do two things. First, they help you stay competitive when it comes to Google search rankings. Second, you want to make sure it offers meaningful content for your audience.
It’s Important to Evaluate Your SEO Content Marketing Constantly
If you don’t evaluate your SEO marketing content, you’re doing your business a disservice. If your content isn’t working, you need to change it. Look to see if your sales have gone up since you started your marketing campaign. You also want to look to see if the traffic to your site has increased. If this isn’t the case, you need to revamp your SEO content marketing.
It may be a matter of changing your keywords. Or, you may need to change the type of content you’re publishing. Maybe you’re limiting yourself to blogs when you should be incorporating videos into your strategy. Or, you may be focusing too much on paid marketing and aren’t including enough unique content on your website.
Once you identify where your strategy is lacking, make changes immediately. The great thing about SEO content is that you can change it as often as you need to. If you find something that works, keep it. If you want to try something new, go for it. The goal is to increase revenue and brand awareness. It may take months or years for you to find the perfect formula. Once this happens, you can enjoy all the benefits of SEO content marketing for your technical business.
Looking for more writing tips? Join our newly opened Iris Academy for Writers and get started on your road to content success.