Voice is quickly becoming the leading interface in technology. Voice content trends in 2020 is a hot topic, and many businesses are making changes to integrate this interface with their content.
What Are the Voice Content Trends in 2020 You Should Focus On?
1. Think Voice With your Clients in Mind
Your clients interact with your brand in certain ways. Therefore think of what your clients want from your brand and use Voice to service them.
Remember Voice is not a mandatory tool, so make sure it fits well with your brand. Voice is utilized by people when they want quick access to information. This means you have to build your content to be clear, simple and straight to the point.
Do not inflate your content with unnecessary information for the sake of content. Doing so it automatically makes your content counterintuitive to Voice.
2. Know the Top Words for Voice
Voice is all about using natural conversational language to command the search.
Did you know that approximately 20% of voice
searches use a combination of the following words?
Therefore, when you are developing content it is important to use the above words for better results.
3. Get on Board with Chatbots
Chatbots are programs that are replacing customer service representatives and can hold conversations with human beings. Chatbots are part of the voice content trends in 2020 and most companies are integrating chatbots on their landing pages and social media.
Chatbots can help you in many areas of your company, from simple customer service Q&A to marketing and processing payments.
A chatbot is a great opportunity for your company to have 24/7 customer service available.
Chatbots can be programmed to reinforce your brand through the way they communicate. You can program a chatbot to make jokes, apologize, take orders, be witty or professional.
The sky’s the limit, as long as you have an excellent content writer to do the script.
Good to Know:
- The industries that are profiting from chatbots right now include education, real estate, healthcare, and finance. If your company belongs in any of these industries start thinking about chatbot integration.
- Over 80% of all businesses are expected to have a version of chatbot automation in 2020.
- 50% of consumers expect that there is someone available 24/7 to help them.
- Chatbots are a big money saver on customer service expenses for all industries.
4. Optimization of Voice is Happening Now
Optimizing your content for Voice is simpler than you might think. Although simplicity is usually harder to achieve than complexity. Simplicity means knowing what is important and sticking to it.
To optimize your content for Voice keep the following points in mind:
- Use natural voice in your content
- Start focusing more on longer trail phrases instead of keywords
- Think about your audience and what they would need to know from you. For example, most people looking to purchase a product want to hear reviews, pricing comparisons, and specs. Therefore include this information in your content.
- Answer questions in your content.
- Be concise
5. Use Structured Data
Shift your writing style to be more natural.
Also, use structured data to get your content ranked and categorized by search engines. Using the schema markup language will not have a direct impact on how your content ranks. However, it can help you optimize your content for voice search.
To use structured data you will have to work with the programmers of the website, providing them with micro-data that can be embedded in the code so search engines can pick it up better.
Whenever you look up a business and you can see their hours of operation, contact information, as well as other data being displayed, know that it is the result of micro-data that was placed in the code.
Structured data allows you to highlight the most important information.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
- The average answer given using a voice search is 29 words long. This means that you will have to adjust your content to clarify a question in just 29 words. Humans do not use long sentences to communicate, as a result, Voice search is evolving to emulate us in the same manner.
- When you write something, say it out loud and if you find it hard to say in one sentence, or tiring to comprehend, then you need to re-write it.
- Shift your focus to answering questions in your content.
- Use natural language
Voice is all about making things simpler for the user. Remember simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.